Thursday, February 05, 2009

Does she knit anymore?.....................................

Improvisations are finished and ready for the recipient. My SiL is a wonderful and caring person, my sons adore her and she is very good to them. Besides she has great taste. She loves my hand knitted socks. These are for her. :)


Knitted in Iona Sport weight Yarn from Macyarns.

This is a gorgeous skein of handspun silk from Lilcoley. I have enjoyed knitting this scarf immensely. I even delayed finishing to maintain the experience of handling the soft silky yarn. :)

Soft mauve and gold colours

knitted in 2x2 rib, the yarn does the rest

I love the slight slubbing and thick/thin effect knitted up......................

7 comments:

Paula said...

Really lovely socks and scarf. The scarf yarn is so pretty.

Cornflower said...

Lovely!
Where do you find all these gorgeous yarns? Some I know of, but others are new to me. You're a great source of 'leads'!

Anonymous said...

Lovely projects! It's so nice to knit something for someone that deserves it and also appreciates it too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely projects! It's so nice to knit something for someone that deserves it and also appreciates it too!

Jill L said...

I love the color of those socks -- scarf looks warm and toasty!

Jean said...

You really do have the most beautiful yarns! The scarf will be luxurious to wear and who would not love a pair of handmade socks, especially from you.

Anonymous said...

I MUST HAVE SOME OF THAT YARN. It's gorgeous and so is the scarf. YOu can see the softness.