Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Inspirational!

I trawl through various blogs day by day admiring knitting, design, colour and wit. Sometimes there is just something breathtaking that changes the knitting I do. I wanted to share Roobeedoo's latest enterprise. She won the Cinderella Purlescence competition and I have been inspired by the design she is currently knitting up. She also had the excellant taste to use Piece of beauty yarn, especially designed for the stockings, a favourite yarn of mine. :)



Ruth inspired me to take courage and start knitting socks, not just writing about it. Thanks Ruth, I'm waiting with bated breath to see the finished stockings, good luck! :)

3 comments:

Fiona Reynolds said...

Good luck with the socks but beware, once you start... you'll be addicted. :-) And a happy addiction it is too!

blog-blethers said...

These stockings are just staggering, aren't they?? And welcome to sock addiction! A year ago I would have scoffed at the prospect of knitting socks .... and now never have less than 2 pairs on the go! Love the ones you have just completed in the autumnal coloured yarn - its scrumptious!

Piglottie said...

Those stockings are amazing, and the colours are beautiful. Piece of Beauty is definitely a good choice (you decided what your going to do with your Vintage Floral yet?).