Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Roving............Knitting..................Felting................Bags

I had long admired the Pencil Roving on The Yarn Yard site and wanted to try it out for a felted bag. This colourway is Jeanie, very appropriate indeed! :) No pattern for roving? nevermind I will make one up. So I do...............here it is .....

Knitted, it looks nice knitted up, doesn't it? :)

The assymetrical flap not only looks nice but it also lets the roving go further. I finished the strap end in the same way...........



The big button weighs down the flap and adds character, though as this bag is really for a teenager I might do a different button, that one is a bit too 'fancy'??


What do you guys think? Would a teenager like this as a Christmas pressie with some lip gloss and costume jewellery in it? I have test knitted up the pattern with a different roving colour, I will post that one too and hopefully get the patttern typed up. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

that;s lovely. I got some penci lroving too from YY which I'm planning to felt with.

Linda said...

That is fab. I didn't know that you could knit with pencil roving. I think that a teenager would like it, but who knows, they are fickle creatures!!

Sussex Yorkie said...

Perfect for a teenager.

LittleBerry said...

looks great Gilraen, lovely colours... not sure about the teenage girl thing I only know teenage boys....

Joy said...

I think it's great and just perfect for a teenager - it'll compliment a pair of jeans perfectly.

Lovely prize too btw. I have one of Dreamcatcher's book thongs too which works really well with knitting books.

Linz Knits Now said...

I think it's fabulous and I have my DD's whether they like it and it definately got a big thumbs up mine.
Eldest thinks the button is really pretty...youngest said looked too big, ah well fickle minds :D

Liz said...

It look lovely knitted up...and I love it with that button. I think nyone, never mind a teenager would love that for Christmas!

Hellbelle said...

It is lovely, and I think the big button suits it perfectly.

The only suggestion that I would make is that a longer handle so it could be slung over a shoulder would make it more practical to carry.

Piglottie said...

I love it! I have no idea what teenagers like these days, but I know I would love one so might have to give it a go. I love the assymetrical flap, and the way you've finished it off with the button.

Anonymous said...

That is so lovely!

dreamcatcher said...

I think it's a great bag, looking forward to the pattern :-)