Sunday, November 04, 2007

Knitting and Stitching show at RDS in Dublin

I was away in Dublin for the half-term break. I managed to get into The Knitting and Stitching show at the RDS on Friday morning for the first time ever.


Some Injabulo Buttons. Georgeous.


An untried yarn............Panda Cotton from This is Knit. I've started a pair of Monkey's in this for my Aunt. :)

Jitterbug in Velvet. I love this semi-solid colour!!

A mixed bag of by-products of silk manufacturing, I have a few ideas for these.

Some silk threads and colourful mix of assorted threads, I couldn't resist, from Oliver Twists.

The show was a cornucopia of mixed crafts. Some I will never do, some which tempted me and some which I already love. I was blown away by some of the exhibitions of Quilts/quilting, clothing by Sybil Connolly. There was also exhibitions by local artists in lace (of many different types including a MS3 completed shawl!!!), embroidery, textiles, felting, spinning and papercrafts etc. It was lovely to see all the effort and love that the artists put into their own work and how delighted they were to share it all. I will really try and make the effort to visit one of the UK venues nest year. :)

10 comments:

Sussex Yorkie said...

Lovely buttons, you were very reserved. If you get to a show over here it may be more dangerous!

Linda said...

The show sounds good, I love to look at all the other crafts at shows. The square buttons are beautiful.

blog-blethers said...

lol You temptress, as always! I love your purchases - especially the buttons. They are just beautiful!

Joy said...

umpncyrI love the injabulo buttons, I have quite a collection of them myself :-)

I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

Anonymous said...

Very nice purchases!

LittleBerry said...

Nice haul... I love Oliver Twists threads so nice but more importantly so useable!!!!

Artis-Anne said...

Oh some lovely things here and I love those buttons
Great sounding show; don't you just love them ? Looking forward to seeing what you make with your goodies

Heather said...

mmmm, I love jitterbug. Nice purchases all the way around.

Piglottie said...

Sounds like a great show! And I love the buttons :)

Liz said...

Looks like it was a good show! I really love those silk by products, isn't it funny what appeals to us!!!