Saturday, November 29, 2008

Freezing Mists and Koi in snow

I finished my Socks last night and this morning freezing mist and ground frost greeted me when I drew back the curtains. Coincidence? These are the Koi Socks in SkeinQueen Plushness: Snow Reflections from The Eclectic Sole Book by Janel Laidman. I really love this book and am started on another new pattern from it already. The only patterns not for me are the colourwork ones, I'm hopeless at that..........




I'm still not convinced about short row heels with socks, especially not for me with my high instep. But these are for a friend so I hope they are okay for them. :)

7 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

so it's not just me with the short row heels then??! - I do them cos they're quicker and I think they should be ok..... but i'm never 100% happy. Your knits are gorgeous as ever.

Paula said...

They look great.

Jean said...

The socks are really pretty, you've convinced me to purchase this book. I hope to find it in my local bookstore today. If not then I will have to order it. I like the reference to the weather and how it tied in with your socks. It just brought something a little extra special to this post, and your blog is fabulous by any means.

Zonda said...

Pretty socks and colorway!!

Linda said...

I agree on the short rows as I think Ihave the same feet as yours. They are beautiful socks.

HaveFaith said...

So very very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I'm not a huge fan of the short row either.