Thursday, January 03, 2008

Converse Blogging

One might imagine that having almost 2 weeks leave would enable more blogging not less. Conversely I have had less time not more for blogging. I have knit though. I am working on a new bag using all or most of my Wollmeise test skeins. I really love this yarn, it is very soft and very like Lion and Lamb to touch. The vibrant colours are just a delight to knit with, each skein unfolds to tell a different colour story. Simply beautiful. I want another wrap now having seen more of the colours in real life. :)

I have a few ideas about the bag project but nothing concrete yet. I have also been trying to get through WiPs to leave a clear way to doing some bigger projects this year. :)

I also joined SAM5 which Zonda is hosting this time round. It should give me encouragement to knit at least one pair a month. :)

I would like to take the opportunity to wish all the lovely people who visit here (and the even braver people who post comments :)) a Happy, (Healthy) and Prosperous New Year for 2008. "Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh" if you prefer it in Gaelic. BTW Happy Knitting too.

10 comments:

Sussex Yorkie said...

That is going to be a lovely bag, but all that sewing!

Auntie Noo said...

Those colours are just so gorgeous! Happy New Year to you too!

Hellbelle said...

Love those colours. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Linda said...

The colours are lovely with all your squares. It will make such a nice bag!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh look at all those lovely squares! It's going to look fabulous all put together.

Piglottie said...

Happy New Year to you too!

I love all your little squares. The Wollmeise colours are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Those are so pretty! Happy New Year to you too!

Joy said...

I know it's late - and I'm sorry - but a very Happy New year to you too!

Liz said...

Oh, that is such a lovely picture. It satisfies all my senses!!

Happy 2008 to you and your crowd too. Hope it is happy, healthy and filled with knitting!

Skein Queen said...

Yummy colours!

Happy New Year - not very many ship horns on the Lough this year did you notice?