Thursday, January 17, 2008

Having a Blue Period!!!!

I've noticed a blue theme with the last 5 WIPs. I wonder why, any ideas? I'm not feeling blue.

First: Progress with my Salish Sea Socks by Cat Bordi knitted with STR-M Coola Bella (RSC dec 07). I'm disappointed that the blog is now closed and help with these is no longer available through the usual channels, rug and off feet springs to mind!

Second: Progress with an Adult version of the Evolution Rib socks I knit for my DS2. The colourway is Peacock and I got it from Alice at Socktopus.

Third: My first knitted dishcloth, this is small at the yarn is fine fingering weight/knitted on 3.25mm needles. I tried a pattern, can you tell what it is?

Fourth: the first of my Posh Emily Monkeys in Stormy Seas colour.


Fifth: The Haven scarf for my aunt in Hipknits Silk/Cashmere 4ply, also blue.


I am going to finish at least 3 of these before casting on another knit!! I promise. :)

9 comments:

sgeddes said...

Hey Picasso had a blue period and it work for him!

I love the dishcloth. I think that;s a sewing machine stitched in there. Right?

Hellbelle said...

Maybe YOU are not blue because you're getting it all out of your system into your knitting?! Maybe I should try that for my January blues!

Unknown said...

I love blue, so your blue-themed post is nice.

BMFA's got the new blog up so maybe you can get help there now, though there is a Rav thread on Cat's pattern going on. I'm afraid I can't help since I'm still on the St st foot section.

Becky G said...

It's a sewing machine.

picperfic said...

I saw a sewing machine too. I am in a red phase, never had one of those before and I like it! I want to buy some red curtains next!

Anonymous said...

My favorite color is blue so it's alright with me if you're in a blue phase!

Sussex Yorkie said...

They are all lovely blues, it must be the time of year I seem to be leaning the Blue way! The Sewing Machine Dishcloth is very clever.

Piglottie said...

Maybe you are yearning for the blue skies of summer? Gorgeous projects, all of them but I love your latest STR socks :)

Anonymous said...

Lots of beautiful blue! I'm loving blue these days too, though my current project is a rainbow of color. I think the next one will be blue! I dyed some yarn with indigo the other day and I'm looking forward to trying that!