Saturday, January 26, 2008

More socks..................

Another pair of socks for January. These are knitted to my own pattern which I still need to type up. This pattern was created specifically for the Evolution yarn from Chameleon Colorworks, which I displayed yesterday on YPF. The cuffs are a little short, although I personally like short ankle socks, however there is enough yarn left over to knit another 2 inches of rib on the cuff if that is preferred. I was just afraid of running out of yarn initially as these skeins are smaller [2oz/154yds (~57g/141m)] than some but ?sportweight :) These socks were knitted on 3mm Knitpick Options DPNs. The socks are for a UK size 6 Foot length 9 3/4 ".

I also cast on another pair of Monkeys. I had been wearing the No Purl Posh ones and just had to have another pair to wear while the other one was drying! These are cast on in SkeinQueen's Plushness (same base yarn as Posh Emily) the colour is Sugared Almonds. The yarn reminded me of the little 'favours' we had on the tables at our wedding reception. Here is the progress pics. One done............I also used my Harmony Options Dpns 2.75mm for the first time and I love them!!





I must add a word or two of Congratulations to Kerrie et al at Yarn Forward Magazine. This edition is the best yet! I loved the 'real life' models way better than airbrushed stick insects . Lots of very interesting articles which held interest for my children too! Loved Tess' Rabbits but the kids CANNOT have one! Lovely knits in the magazine, new techniques (to me anyway) and a very easy to read layout. I enjoyed my first skim and am looking forward to more in depth reading and knitting. I will definitely be renewing my subscription!





Another Congratulations to a Forum Friend Anni from YarnAddictAnni blog on her sock design. Diamonds are very pretty and are a girl's best friend after all :D

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Are those Chameleon Colorworks socks the Peacock colorway? Nice!

It's a pity that it's so hard to find Yarn Forward across the Pond. I've only managed to snag the first issue.

Linda said...

Both pairs of socks look great, I do like the way the colours have pooled on the skein queen ones, might need to get some of that! I want my mag to come!!!

Hellbelle said...

I really like the Evolution socks, the stripes work really well.

blog-blethers said...

What beautiful socks, Gilraen:) I wish I could match your level of productivity!

Anonymous said...

The socks really look great!

Piglottie said...

Do you have steam coming off your pins atm? :) Gorgeous socks, and I might have to try the no purl monkeys as I love the standard pair I am currently knitting.

Hawkesley said...

I love your ribbed ankle socks. They look wonderful in that yarn!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Gilraen. It's so exciting to see my pattern in print. I agree. I loved th current mag.